Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day/Birthday

Mother's Day was a couple days before my birthday this year. While the best present on Mother's Day was Evan choosing to be baptized, I did have a little celebration from the rest of the family too. McKinley and Evan both made cute crafty things from school. Austin was a sweetheart and bought me roses and wrote a cute poem with the lyrics from one of my favorite songs. He also came up with the idea of giving each of the girls in his church class a single rose, because "they are going to be mother's someday". It was a tender moment. My gift from David was a WiFit...which I'm still figuring out. I think it's going to be nice and it even wished me a Happy Birthday.

Then a few days later it was my birthday. Unfortunately I was dealing with a very hurt shoulder/neck and was in a fair amount of pain...but the party went on. The day was busy with different activities...lunch with the family and a baseball game. Then I opened some presents and enjoyed my request of homemade cookie dough ice-cream. It turned out to be a nice day.














3 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday, Nina! You'll love the WiiFit. It's a lot of fun.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday Nina! I'm so glad I can read your blog and see what is going on in your life! - Kathleen

Lee & Kindra said...

Happy Birthday Nina! You'll have to give me that yummy ice cream recipe!