Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Costco AND Walmart

On Tuesday I finally broke down and headed to the store to stock up the house for summer. We were out of everything and I really wanted to get ahead...because I hate shopping. We've really been beefing up our food storage (something to do with the series I'm reading The Great and the Terrible) and canning chicken and soups. It's been fun and it makes me feel like I'll have something to eat if I don't/can't get to the store!!! But it translates into a lot of stares at the store. My cart overfloweth!!
And that was Walmart. Next door is Costco...and we all know that Costco is dangerous. Each item you fling into the cart has an average cost of $10...so it goes fast. Even my Costco cart was overflowing. I couldn't take a picture of it because I had parked in a space that was ever so slightly downhill and so it took all my might to stop the cart before it caused thousands of dollars damage to the Suburban. I thought it best to use both hands and unload the contents into the car. But it was full and bursting too!! But now the cupboards are full...the children feel like they are going to be provided for and we're ready for a nuclear atack...at least for a couple weeks until we have to do it all over again!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

You are the second person TODAY that mentioned that series "The Great and the Terrible." Do you recommend it???

Nina said...

I do...it's a great easy read that makes you think. There are 6 books and it's very interesting. I read the first book a few years ago and never got ahold of the others until this spring. I like the rest of them better than the first...it becomes more of a story after the first one. The author was at Time Out for Women a few years ago when I went to it in Virginia.

Thill family said...

Do you know the walmart carts can hook together with the baby seat folded up and the straps threaded through the front of the next cart? You can make a train for two or more and push one with the other hand....Just a thought for your next trip. Lovin Costco too!