Well about a month ago we decided that we were going to move the kids around a bit. Ethan wanted a bigger bed and McKinley had been sleeping on her own for a few months and was ready for her own space (she and Evan shared a room out of mutual fear of being alone...so cute!)
So we doubled up Austin and Evan (both of who can sleep through anything) and put McKinley in Ethan's old room. Now that I had a smaller bed and a smaller space I was ready to make the girly room that I had been waiting for. Alas, the budget woes prohibited me from my desire for Pottery Barn, but I came up with a great alternative set that McKinley approved of. We bought the bedding first and then kind of went with the colors and theme that was there. I painted her room (with 10 foot ceilings) and then the dresser (which has now been 5 different colors since we refinished it 11 years ago for Ethan). We added the wall stickers from Target (not my idea) and are just about done. I'm still searching for the perfect valence or curtains to go in there and we still need wall art for two of the walls. But it's a great start and best of all....McKinley loves it and feels special in it! Now everyone has their rooms done, except me! Hmmm...
7 comments:
Wow! That is, um, PINK! I bet McKinley loves it!
Looks like little girl paradise!
Very FUN!
So cute and very girlie!
I LOVE it! We totally decked out Rory's room. There's nothing in that room that says "boy."
How beautiful she is becoming!!!(not too much of a surprise!!) And, yes, it is definitely a girly room! I especially love the butterflies (my favorite long with my lighthouses!!) I think it has been 39, almost 40 years, and I still haven't had my room decorated; only in my dreams -- but, that works, too!!! Remind Kim she needs to get busy blogging!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love it!!!
Post a Comment