This reunion was too many years in the making and we've all promised that we will not wait another 26 years for the next one. I believe the next one will be hosted by Penny in Portugal in 2011.?! We're saving our pennies and counting the days for the warm reunion there. Thanks ladies for a wonderful weekend and for being family!
Dave and Nina Smith Family
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Family and Sisters
I have just returned from Park City where I was able to spend the weekend with my sister and her daughters, and my mother and auntie Penny. Three generations of sisters!! The last time I saw my Aunt Penny was in 1983. Her children were toddlers and I was 9. Now that is a long time....too long! My Auntie Penny moved to Portugal after her husband died and so each time we went to visit grandma and other relatives in England we never met up with Penny and her girls. So when we discovered she was flying stateside we arranged a reunion for the four of us. And we had a lovely time. We all gathered at Vicky's house and spent 3 days talking, eating, drinking (water for me!) and catching up on all that's gone on in the past 26 years.
We had a nice lunch on Main Street at the Bistro, where I enjoyed my sirloin tips and tried my first ever escargo. It was really good, but I had to not think about what I was really eating!! The company was good and we avoided the sleeting snow and rain outside!

After breakfast on Monday at the No Worry's Cafe in Jeremy Ranch, we did a little girl shopping and headed to the spa for nails and pedi's. It was a nice relaxing day pampering ourselves...thanks Jim for picking up the bill!!



This reunion was too many years in the making and we've all promised that we will not wait another 26 years for the next one. I believe the next one will be hosted by Penny in Portugal in 2011.?! We're saving our pennies and counting the days for the warm reunion there. Thanks ladies for a wonderful weekend and for being family!
This reunion was too many years in the making and we've all promised that we will not wait another 26 years for the next one. I believe the next one will be hosted by Penny in Portugal in 2011.?! We're saving our pennies and counting the days for the warm reunion there. Thanks ladies for a wonderful weekend and for being family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nina, that looks sooo fun! You are beautiful women. That pedicure looks awesome, and it is fun to see what escargo looks like. Love ya! Andrea Knudsen
It is great to be with family isn't it! I get to hang out with mine this Christmas!
Post a Comment