Dave and Nina Smith Family
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Ohiopyle Pennsylvania.
For the past few years David has gone White Water rafting with some friends of ours from Maryland. He went for the first time shortly after McKinley was born and has continued the tradition for many years and in different places. It just never worked out for me to be able to go...until this year. So thanks to my mom for coming to watch the kids, I was able to join him in the adventure. It was such a great weekend...seeing old friends, being alone with Dave, and enjoying the beautiful Ohiopyle Pennslvania area. We traveled to Pittsburgh on Wednesday and drove down to Ohiopyle that night to camp. The next morning we were up and off to the river for our class II and III rapid trip. It was such a pretty area and there were some fun rapids to navigate through. I was freezing cold all day, but I didn't let that affect my day...it was pleasant. But the adventure was about to begin on Friday!! Class IV and V+ rapids in the Yough river!!! I had such a good time and it was such an adventure. We bought a CD with pictures on it that I haven't received yet, but you can tell by the look on all our faces that we were having a great time. I can't wait to post those pictures. But here are some pictures from the trip that I took while on dry land. The first is at a place called the natural waterslides. Only 2 of our group were "brave" enough to try it and it scared me to death just to watch.
This is Cucumber falls, just outside the town of Ohiopyle. It's a waterfall that you can walk behind...if you don't mind getting wet. David and I had been wet enough for 3 days that we didn't volunteer to walk behind it...but it was beautiful.
And this is the 20 foot waterfall on the river that you CANT raft down. All of our guides on the river said that they have been over it head first...swiming, but that a raft would just fold in half. I didn't see anyone go over it and it didn't sound much fun to me to try, but it was beautiful to look at and take a smiley shot in front of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
cool that you guys had the time together. I have always wanted to try rafting but I am way to chicken. Sounds like you survived the mild (i.e. feezing) weather. The kids probably had a blast too!
You need to post the video you took of McKay going down the natural slides. CRAZY kid!
It looks like you had so much fun!
Here's a link to that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pIOfSyyTIk
Post a Comment