Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Girls Night Out!


Last Friday McKinley and I went on a girls night out. We left after Evan's soccer game and got some yummy dinner while we talked about her new school and new friends and living in Utah. She's doing so well!

After dinner we rode tracs up to the University of Utah vs. Stanford women's gymnastic meet. U of U is ranked 4th in the nation and Stanford is ranked 2nd. It was a wonderful meet. It brought back a lot of memories of my gymnastic days and I saw the glow in McKinley's eyes as she watched those athletes compete. She has taken gymnastics for almost a year now and she loves it and is good at it. Her little body is strong and flexible and she works hard. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did as a child. We laughed and clapped and cheered for University of Utah. After 3 rounds it was tied!! After it was all over, Stanford eiked out the win. Even so, we had a great time. She especially liked riding the train with the huge crowd of people. On the way home she fell fast asleep. A perfect GNO!


2 comments:

vickybu said...

Fun! Wish we could have made it work! Next time!

libby said...

Sounds like fun!! GNOs are fun!!