Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skate Night

The elementary school PTA sponsored a Skate Night on Monday and we decided it would be fun to go. The skating rink is actually one that has been around so long that David skated there as a kid! They have definitely made improvements and tried to update and accommodate newer trends. They offer 3-D laser tag, a nikelcade, a waterpark (in season), and a food court. They also allow anything, and I mean anything, with wheels to be on the skate floor. We skated with scooters, strollers, big wheels, bikes, in-line skates, skate shoes, and good 'ol rollerskates. We all tried rollerskating with varied degrees of success. David and I were able to skate like pro's. Austin caught on pretty quick, but had trouble stopping. Ethan inched his way around a few times cautiously. Evan trekked around a few times and then opted for his scooter. And McKinley dangled between David and I, flopping forward and backward pretending she could skate. On her own she didn't fair as well and eventually opted for her scooter too. But the most important part was that we all had fun. We laughed a lot. We played the roller skating games. We speed skated. We did the YMCA skate. We did the funky chicken dance. And played red light, green light! Aaah, the memories!






3 comments:

Lynne said...

OH, MY GOODNESS!!! The children are almost grown!!!!! I can't believe McKinley!! Beautiful!!! And, what a great, fun memory! Skating was not one of our crew's favorite!! It looks like you might spend more time doing it!!!

Maylene said...

Cool! I need to learn how to roller skate so I can take my kids out. It looks fun!

Jana said...

Ah, the skating rink. It sure does bring back memories. Looks like a lot of fun.