Today of course is Mother's Day and it's a great day to celebrate mothers and all they do for us. I like to think of it as a mother's vacation. Today is the day that I don't do all the things I usually do...just to remind everyone that I'm important! I don't do laundry, I don't cook, I don't settle arguments, I don't pick up the family room/bedroom/kitchen/bathroom/outside/anything, I take a nap in the middle of the day, and it's all great....until about 3pm...and then I start to miss it. I like to do the dishes (control issues I know), I like to pick up as I walk through a room (so I can walk through it), I don't like to sleep during the day (I miss things), I like to cook (so I know what I'm eating). I guess the only thing I don't miss is settling arguments. It's a good day to remind me what I love about being a mother and what a blessing it is to be a mother to 4 special kids!
This morning I woke up to the scent of french toast and sausage. The kids were eager to see me and we all went to church together. The talks were about mothers and how lucky we all are to have learned from and be loved by our mothers. The primary kids sang about how flowers remind them of mothers and how they want to be good for us. The priesthood came to Relief Society and sang to us. Then we came home from church as a family and the kids and Dave gave me gifts. The best ones are always the one's the kids make for me. Evan gave me a photo with dried flowers and 20 free foot massages. McKinley gave me a flowerpot with her picture as a flower. It was perfect!
Happy Mothers Day!
1 comment:
How sweet!
Post a Comment