Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Friday, April 9, 2010

I Hope He Calls

I was driving home from Costco today when I had one of those "ah ha" moments. For the past 4 days we have been waiting for important phone calls. Phone calls about possible job leads and calls about possible house offers. Waiting. Nervously waiting. As I was driving and thinking about how I was feeling, I flashed back to another chapter in my life...dating. I recognized the feelings I am having now have happened before. I remember dating, flirting, waiting, waiting for a phone call or a note, or a sign! When I liked a boy in high school (or college) I would analyze every interaction we had had. I would question how close we stood, if his hand touched mine "by accident" or if what he said really had a hidden message...I thought those days were long gone...thankfully long gone. But I find myself sitting her now trying to decode the messages of two sentences of realtor feedback and what it means. And the phone hasn't rung, and I'm still nervously waiting. Do they like me or not...just tell me, I can take it! It's the waiting that will kill me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, that's a funny comparison, never really thought about it that way.
Good luck!