I had a very blonde thing happen to me last night and since I'm secure in my blondeness I'll share....
Yesterday was a busy soccer tournament day. Ethan had three games...9:20, 1:20 and 4:50. All far enough apart to make it a long day to stay and far enough away to make coming home only for an hour. No big deal. I forgot to mention that although we had a record breaking 93 degree Friday, Saturday morning was a windy, chilly 45 degrees!! Again, no problem. In fact the story doesn't have much to do with soccer. But it does give you the background material for why I ordered pizze online when we were home between the 1:20 game and the 4:50 game. So I ordered 3 medium pizza's ($5 each!!) from Pizza Hut online. I had them be ready to pick up at 6:10pm after the game and the short drive to get them. Good plan, eh? I thought so. Ethan's third game was awesome!! It was warmer, the kids played great and Ethan even scored his first ever goal!! That's pretty good since he is the sweeper, or last defender, and doesn't get much offense. He was booting the ball out of the mid-field area and caught the wind just right to hit the left corner of the goal above the goalies head!! It was impressive. But I digress...so the game ended and I had to stop to get gas and wash the car before heading toward home and picking up the pizza. I go in to get my pizza and guess what...no order for Nina. They look in their magic computer and no online order for Nina. They are very nice and offer to make it up "really fast" and even honor my online order for 3 pizza's at $5 each. Nice place. I wait 6 minutes for my pizza and head home. On the way home Ethan asked what kind of pizza I got. "Pizza Hut, deep dish, pepperoni". Great he says. "Where is it?" "It's on the seat" "Mom, it says Dominos". Do you know that for 3 seconds my brain still didn't get it and I thought "I wonder why Pizza Hut is using boxes from Dominos...that seems stupid". Dominos isn't stupid....but maybe I am!!
7 comments:
I did something like that once, (and I'm not even blonde!)
I feel great reading this! I don't even feel old any more! I thought only I did things like that! This is awesome!
Oh, no! Ha ha... that's one of those things that you just have to laugh off.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who looses her mind. I have no excuse though...I'm a brunette!
Basically even us awesome woman can muti-task way to much!
I love the part where you couldn't figure out why Pizza Hut was using Domino's boxes. That totally sounds like something I would do!
I guess it shows confidence. I mean, why would I be wrong?!! ;)
Post a Comment