Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday's fabulous gift

I don't know when it started, but it's been a few months now. I said to David one night that it would be sooooooo nice if he would do the morning thing on Friday and give me a break. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person and I LOVE to sleep, so this is a great gift to me. Each Friday David gets up at 6am to get our two elementary school kids on the bus at 6:45 (that's another post!). He does kid wake up and get dressed, breakfast and backpacks, goodbye kisses and then gets himself ready for work too. Amazing!! And it's amazing what it does for me. Not only do I get to sleep (my favorite thing) I get all these mushy feelings about how wonderful my husband is to me. It's a win-win situation. Thank you David!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Now that is a great gift. I love it when Bill takes Billy to school. That extra time to sleep really does recharge the batteries.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great husband and father. I wonder if this would work at my house :)