
Well, Valentine's day was a busy one here in Texas. Austin had a UIL competition (still not sure what it stands for, but it's an "intellectual sporting event") where he squashed all the competition and came home with 5 medals from his individual events (2 first, 2 second, and 1 third place) His coach was very impressed as were we. Of course, we knew how smart he is, and he still says it isn't challenging enough. What are we going to do with him??

That afternoon David was busy clanking around the kitchen while I worked on a talk for church. Yes, for those of you who are counting, that's 2 talks in 2 months. I don't know why...but I don't like it. But it was ok. When I was done with my talk preparation (for that night at least) David and I got dressed up and headed to the condo's here at Canyon Lake. We were given a free weekend and had stayed there as a family for Friday. David cooked me a wonderful dinner and finished it off with truffles (what he was making at the house). It was incredible. We had red bell pepper soup, steak and baked potatoes, with spinach salad. That's us taking a picture of ourselves and this is the salad and soup. It was a wonderful evening.

Earlier, back at the homefront, McKinley had prepared her Pixi Stick valentines for her preschool class. She was very excited to give them out and to get one for herself...she even put her name on one, "To: McKinley, From: McKinley". Here she is:

And on the camera was this picture from a girly date day we had with our friend Haven. We went to see Pippi Longstocking at the children's theater. It was crazy, but the girls loved it. A little dramatic, but perfect for kids. They felt like such big girls and they were perfectly behaved. We met David for lunch afterwards at a big people Mexican restaurant. Then we conquered Costco and Walmart...all in one day. It was exhausting, but fun!!
3 comments:
See, now that's a whole week's worth of posts all at once! Now you just need to learn how to write a post and schedule it to go out in the future (it's easy!). Then we'd have something to read every day!
Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun!
So that's your trick? And I thought you blogged every day. Now I know the truth. I'll try it.
Truth? I've done it when I'm going out of town and won't be able to post. And I've done it when I've got a couple of posts in my head at one time... write them all then schedule them to post later.
Post a Comment