Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A fish out of water

Last night we took Ethan, Austin and a friend to the big fancy movie theater by the big fancy outdoor mall in San Antonio. When we pulled up and saw the masses of people who were attending this 16 screen mega-plex, I knew we were different. When we walked over to the mall to stroll around and window shop I really knew we were different. I am just not a shopper. I browsed around the stores, went into the "hip" stores of Abercombie and American Eagle and quickly retreated. Wow...it's been a really long time. I started to feel old and very uncool. Maybe it would be different if I had older girls. Or if my boys had any fashion sense at all. Maybe it will change in a few years...I've learned to never say never. But last night, at the mall, I felt like a fish out of water. I'm much more at home at Target.

2 comments:

libby said...

So do you remember when I was a poor graduate student with two young girls and I never really wanted to go to the mall? Perhaps you understand why!!! In fact, I enjoy it more these days, probably since I have a little money, but it's still not high on my list. It's a moot point, since we don't have any big malls here!

LeeAnn said...

Big malls equal great and spacious buildings. Stay out of 'em!