"Early to bed, early to rise. Make a man healthy, wealthy and wise!!"
This phrase is usually my downfall...except for a night or two at daylight savings time. I just can't convince my body that the clocks have changed. I am tired at 8:30 at night and wide awake starting at 6 am with the sunlight...weird. Usually I am early to bed and late to rise...I love my sleep, but for two days a year I manage the early to rise part okay. I mean I always have to get up early, but for two days I'm not dragging myself reluctantly out of my warm, dark bed. I am awake, I'm actually ready to get out of bed. And then I get the hang of it and I'm back to my full night (and morning's) blissful rest!! I guess it's good for a few days...can I be wealthy and wise now??
3 comments:
I've come to the conclusion that life would be SO MUCH better if I didn't have to get up at 5am! I to function so much better when I ca get up on MY time table and not somebody elses!
I think that's called retirement!!
Nina
I have noticed that those people who are very successful do often rise early, uncontrolably. It seems for me the pain of getting up is the same no matter what time, after say 5:00 am, of course getting up is only half the story. So is it that getting up causses success, or is it just coincidentally a characteristic of the lives of people who, like yourself I must ad, are active and successful (so don't try to deny it.) A good nights sleep is a key factor to good health for both men and women, but for wealthy and wise, I think those just might be coincidental factors. We have to do something else to make all that happen :-) This is difinitely something to discuss with your children so they can choose their patterns, as Ethan has chosen to be an early riser.
Just food for thought.
Love
Grandpa Irv
Post a Comment