Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG MAN!!!

Can you believe it...Austin is 12!! Wow, how did that happen?


Birthdays can really make you look back and reflect the years that have passed. Especially when it's for your oldest child. I remember when he was born and his hospital hat covered the cone head kid. I remember his first food...pizza at age 4 months!! I remember his walking at 8 months...way before he had any idea about steps and drop offs. I remember having to turn the doorhandle around for his "time-outs" and his throwing things at the door. I remember playing soccer with him when the ball was half his size. I remember his daring, exploring, smart little toddlerhood. I remember sending him off to preschool, then kindergarten, then middle school... I remember it all and it's been an adventure.

Austin's birthday was a lot of fun. He was up early to receive his big gift...his new IPOD!! Yep, he finally got one, probably when he least expected he would. It's really fun and he's been loading it up with all sorts of good sounds and sights. Then he was off to school and to anticipate the rest of his presents that we would celebrate with him after dinner. Luckily the mailman brought his presents just in the nick of time (we're still waiting on one!!) and we had a nice dinner and cake and let him open some more presents. Thanks to Grandparents he had quite a great spoiling. Thanks family!! You only turn 12 once!! And I think it was a good one for Austin this year.

And if there was any question about it being fun to be twelve this is the year that we told him he could have a big birthday bash. Yes, it seemed a long ways away when I promised him he could, but it's here now and so....we're off to LaserQuest on Friday with 20, yes 20!! of his closest friends to play laser tag and have pizza and cake!! Wow, it will be a blast. Yeah, we love you Austin.

1 comment:

Irv Jacob said...

How did you ever get Austin to wear that very handsome mask, he looks like such a pleasant, nice and well behaved intellectual boy. Who is he kidding?
he...he...
but for real I thought the picture was very good, and I know Austin is all of the above.
love
grandpa