Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving and Vegas

This Thanksgiving we were able to eat with the Smith family and then head out to Las Vegas for a soccer tournament that started the next day.  We had a wonderful dinner and visit with the family that was there at Chad and Cynthia's.  I even took my camera there to make sure I took some pictures.  I took a few and then put it away to eat my dinner and my pie before hitting the road.













We drove to Vegas in really good time and got to our hotel at 10:30pm.  Evan, McKinley and David went out to the outlet mall to experience Black Friday shopping, while I had the room to myself and went to bed!  They had a great time and got back around 1am Vegas time.  The next afternoon Evan had 2 soccer games in which he played great.  Saturday morning McKinley and I went and did baptisms in the Las Vegas temple (we didn't take a picture??!!)

 Saturday afternoon and evening we had 2 more games, and the team lost in the semi finals with PKs.  Evan scored 3 goals in 3 games and played very well.  It was warm and amazing weather and we enjoyed watching him play.


 In between games on Saturday McKinley and I went to the roller coaster inside the NY NY and walked to see the sharks at Mandalay Bay.  It was fun to be on the strip in the afternoon before it got too dark and weird.



Sunday we drove home and it was a little bit slow with all the people on the road, but we got home in time for Evan to go to work and for us to unpack and unwind.  All in all in was a great trip!


No comments: