Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Monday, February 15, 2016

California vacation: Day 2 - Disneyland!


 So day two was our Disneyland day.  The park was open from 8am until midnight and we were ready to conquer it all!  We had a plan of what order to do the rides and make sure that we got the Fast Passes we needed to when we needed to so we could get on everything with as little waiting as possible.  Boy were we surprised when we realized we didn't need fast passes for much of anything in the park.  Between 8 and 10am we walked on to most of the rides...even the big ones like Indiana Jones (scared McKinley) and Big Thunder Mountain and even Pirates of the Carribean.  Everywhere we went we just got right on...except for Peter Pan and the Matterhorn.  Pretty amazing!





 Our favorite ride was probably Hyperspace Mountain...which everyone except me rode twice.  I have to say that that was the first real rollercoaster I have ridden in about 15 years.  I know it's not one of the biggest ones, but it was pretty intense for my brain and my tendency for vertigo!  But I enjoyed it.  I really liked a lot of the rides at Disneyland because they are more about the atmosphere and the surroundings than the up and down of a ride.  I was able to enjoy many of the rides with the family and usually I am waiting at the end of the ride for them instead...so it was great.

Again we found ourselves finished with the part about 4pm and ready for a rest before the night time fun.  We headed back to the hotel and enjoyed the pool and hot tub and even got a quick nap before heading out to dinner.  That night we were excited to see the fireworks show and also the Paint the Night parade.  Unfortunately the fireworks show was cancelled due to wind, but the parade was on and we really enjoyed that.  After the parade we rode a few more rides and then called it a wrap for the night!  We had survived (and even enjoyed) Disneyland!






No comments: