After unpacking and "decorating" (boys don't decorate much), we had things pretty cozy in that room!
Then we had a few minutes to walk around the campus of Rensselaer. After all, neither of us have ever been here before!
It is a beautiful New England campus. So green..so lush, not too hot (it will be cold later!) The buildings are older (mostly) and have that colonial feel to them. Lots of red brick and dormers...beautiful!
We didn't want to tour the whole campus, since we have orientation tomorrow and that's probably a big part of that, but we did kill some time walking around the part of campus near the dorm. The recreation and fitness building looks like a castle from the front and has a HUGE indoor field and gym! It's cool.
So far it's been fun to explore together and spend this time together. I try not to think about having to say goodbye and leave him here...but actually I'm so glad I got to come here and at least see where he's going to be. He's going to be just fine...no...he's going to be great!
1 comment:
He will be great! He has a wonderful mom who has given him a wonderful start in life. Now it's Austin's turn to take it from here. The campus looks beautiful. I hope I can visit it and Austin sometime.
Post a Comment