Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Thursday, June 5, 2014

He did it! Graduation!!


Yesterday was graduation day for Austin!  Phew...he made it!  What an amazing journey the last four years have been for Austin.  New friends, new teachers, new experience, new failures, many successes, hard work, and determination...HE IS FINISHED!


 It was such a great day to celebrate.  I am so glad I no longer need to encourage him to get things down and make sure he has everything in for his grades.  I'm so glad he's proven me wrong again...you really can get things done in the last 2 weeks of school!

 So this day...we celebrated!  We smiled, we remembered the good times, we look forward to the future!
 Family and friends and teachers!  Everyone in our "village" that has helped through all the years.  It was time to say Thanks and to say "We're so glad that's over"
 I think I even got a "Thanks Mom!" out of the moment!  And that made it all so worth it!
 Now, the future...WOW...it looks great!  A summer of hard work ahead and then out of the nest to see how far he will fly.  I think he'll soar and never look back!
 High school was a great time for Austin because of some great friends...a lot of friends!  A great big thank you to all of them.  They are truly amazing friends...







Look at this guy...he's going places!  You're going to make your mark on the world Austin.  We love you!

1 comment:

Maylene said...

Congratulations Austin! Well done! You did it! We are very proud of you!