Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Zoo Lights

This year we decided to go and see the lights they have at the Hogle Zoo here in Salt Lake City. We knew it was going to be cold...but it was FREEZING!! There was a slight wind and bitter coldness, but it was fun. We bundled up the best we could (we've added a few items to our Texas wardrobe this past year) and cruised through the zoo to see all the different animal lights.

Many of the animals were actually out and about. Some we snoozing and we just looked at them, but the nocturnal animals were active and moving around. We really enjoyed the reptile house with it's more tropical temperature inside!

We made our way through all the displays and stopped at a few of the heaters spread out around the zoo to defrost our extremities before moving on. All in all it was enjoyable. But I have to say...I'm still a warm climate kind of girl. One night a year is good, but I wouldn't want to do many more.

Merry Christmas from Zoo Lights 2011!

1 comment:

libby said...

Looks like lots of fun! Wish I could have joined you!,