Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Golden Eggs!

Due to our long vacation and then our impending move, we had to rehome our chickens. I was very sad about it, but also understood that moving with chickens would not have been fun! We will definitely get chickens again once we're settled. For now, they are with a very wonderful young lady who has named them all and cuddles them daily. The ironic part of the whole adventure was that the older group of chickens JUST started laying eggs this week. We were gone in Tennessee when they laid these 6, but I did get to eat 2 eggs before I gave them away. All in all it was a great adventure and I miss them terrible already. I loved watching them and caring for them. I loved Jag herding them around the yard, and the kids and I rounding them up to the coop each day. They were a fun experiment these past few months....good luck chickens!


2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

You're moving??? I am behind the times here! Where too?

kim said...

I've never had someone make me teary eyed over chickens! I think it's not really the chickens but the impending move so far away from Kim that is upsetting you!