Today it's official...Austin is a teenager. And he's terrific!!
Thirteen years ago I prepared myself for a trip to the hospital to be induced with my first child. I was nervous, I knew nothing, and I was so excited!! I wanted to meet the little person that had invaded my body and grown from nothing to a huge moving bowling ball.
That was only the beginning. There is something about your first. Some would say they are an experiment, after all, you've never done any of this before. Others would argue they have it easier since they get all the privileges first. I'm not sure where I stand on that fence, but I know that we've had quite a journey. Austin is so smart, funny, silly, stubborn, strong-willed, good-hearted, upstanding, annoying, crazy, and so many more things.
He ate his first people food (pizza) at 4 months. He walked and ran too early, before he had any depth perception. He was the first of the grandchildren on my mom's side. He couldn't roll off his back until after he could walk. His grandpa Kent says he didn't cry as a baby. He didn't get any teeth until after he was a year old. He rode a bike after trying it for 10 minutes. He's loved soccer since he was 4. His temper has always gotten the best of him and he's channeling it well now. Homework has always been "fun" to him. He's had a lot of hair styles but always the same smile. I've grown up with him these past 13 years and I think he's turning out pretty good....Happy Birthday Austin!!
5 comments:
And on top of it all, he's a math whiz! Just like his grandma! Happy birthday Austin.
A teenager, wow! In a year and a half I'll be there with my first one, hopefully I'll handle it as well as you :)
My impression of Austin is that he is a complex human ready to blossom into leadership and scholarship. Even if he doesn't become a professional soccer player (just a taunt) he will always loom as a special person in my life. Love GrandpaIrv
So sweet! Time flies from that little ball of wonder to well... a big ball of wonder. Keep smiling Austin. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Austin. Have fun being a teenager it only last for 7short years!
Post a Comment