Dave and Nina Smith Family

Dave and Nina Smith Family

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blog Setting

I'm thinking about making my blog more secure...ie. keeping out the crazies (at least the ones I don't know). Has anyone done this with their blog? It says I can add the people I want to invite and they will have to log in...will that stop you from reading? I just don't want too much information out there about my family...for those weirdos to get to us somehow? Any comments/ideas/suggestions?

5 comments:

kim said...

I was talking to Shannon about that yesterday and my sister-in-law last week. Eliza said she was looking into it. I know Becca Feasel has a secure blog for her family but I haven't been able to get a hold of her yet. And by keeping the "crazies" out do you mean the stalkers like you? Just kiddin'.

Tina said...

Nina, I just set mine so that it is invisible to google searches. I have the counter and the feedjit thingy so I can keep tabs on who comes to my blog. I don't notice many more people than my family and other friends who have gleaned where my blog is from other friends blogs . . . I'm comfortable with that. My brother and neice both have private blogs. If it makes you feel better and you are worrked then do it. JUST PUT ME ON YOUR LIST!!! tcys@comast.net. THANKS!! love ya, Tina

Lee & Kindra said...

You can go private and you have to invite people to view the blog. It's under the settings tab. Those people have to sign in to see your blog. We will most likely go private once we have kids. My sister went private and she put a post on her blog stating what day she would go private and had people either e-mail her their e-mail address or post a comment so she could add them so they could sign in.

Stephanie said...

I do the same thing as Tina. The only way people can find my blog is through my friends/family or if I give them my address. Though I have a bad experience with a secure blog. I've tried with my cousins for a while now and have yet to be able to log on.

Unknown said...

It looks like you have been given a lot of good advice. I have enjoyed looking at your blog, your kids sure have grown. I would like to continue to look, I have friends and family with private blogs and it's not a hassle to sign in to view them.
...I just thought you might not remember me...I hope you don't think I'm a crazie! I am crazy though :)
isomfamily@gmail.com