Ok, so it's officially soccer season. 50% of our lives (fall and springs) are soccer seasons. Luckily I do really enjoy the season. I love seeing the boys progress and work together with their teammates. It's really exciting to watch them improve and to share in their joys. What I find not so enjoying is watching them lose. Austin's team participated in a pre-season tournament yesterday and lost both their games. The first game they deserved to lose...the just didn't bring their game, but the second game was dirty. Every time we had a fast break there would be a foul, usually a push from behind, that would stop the play and we'd lose the momentum. The referee was fed up with it too, and finally gave a red card to a player that shoved Austin to the ground, but the he couldn't do much else. The whole team took turns fouling. Now I hope they were just sloppy and a little too aggressive, but I wonder if they are coached in this behavior. We will see when we have to play them again. Sadly we lost 0-1 from a penalty kick foul of our own. Bummer. But as you can see from the picture, Austin does have a smile for the sport of soccer!!
1 comment:
Hey you, I finally figured out how to get on you site. How are you?
Post a Comment